Mega Casino offers a unique game experience for online video poker games - try it now and win! Signup and get 100% up to €100 + 25 Free Spins WELCOME BONUS.
PLAY THE GAME: ONLINE VIDEO POKER
Name the first card game that comes to mind. If you said poker, you’re not alone. Poker has become one of the most popular card games in the world, and for good reason. Video poker’s unique mix of skill and luck makes it an attractive choice for anyone who enjoys playing card games.
While traditional poker is played with in a loud casino environment, video poker allows you to enjoy the thrill of the casino from the comfort of your own home.
What is Live Video Poker?
Video poker is an electronic version of traditional poker, most often five-card draw. Video poker machines are similar to slot machines in that they allow you to play casino games by yourself, but unlike slot machines, video poker classic games allow the player to make their own gameplay decisions, which allows the player to have control over the outcome. While a traditional video poker machine is usually located at bars and casino floors, video poker online allows you to play video poker slot machines anywhere you can bring a laptop or mobile device.
Much like an online slot machine, live video poker slots are controlled by a random number generator which ensures that each hand is fair.
How to Play Video Power Online – The Basics
Once you know the basics rules of video poker casino games, the actual gameplay is simple and very entertaining. Here are the basic steps you need to know before you play:
- The vast majority of video poker slots use the rules for jacks or better video poker. In jacks or better poker, the lowest winning hand is a pair of jacks (a hand which contains two jacks cards). Any number card pairs are not considered a winning combination.
- Some video poker slot machines only allow the player to play one hand at a time, while multi hand video poker and triple play video poker allows the player to play multiple hands at once.
- Video poker casino games are most commonly played using the five-card draw format. This means that the player is dealt five cards that are all hidden from the dealer and other players.
- Sometimes, the player must pay an ante. The ante is a predetermined amount that must be played before the cards are dealt.
- After the initial deal, the player makes their first bet. The player must decide which cards they would like to keep in their hand. Once the player has decided, they discard the unwanted cards. The dealer then restocks the player’s hand with the same number of cards. The goal is to create the best hand possible.
- In multi-player poker, once your hand is complete, players make their final bets. The rest of the remaining players can either call (wager the same amount as the current bet amount), raise (increase the current bet amount) or fold (quit the current hand). In single player video poker classic, the payout is determined by a pay schedule, which shows what payouts you will receive based on the cards in your hand. For example, a royal flush typically pays 800-to-1 because of its rarity.
- When playing with multiple people, the winner is the player with the best hand. The hand values are ranked as so, from lowest to highest: pair, two pair, three of a kind, straight, flush (every card is of the same suit), full house (one pair and one three of a kind), four of a kind, straight flush and royal flush.
Is There a Strategy for Winning at Video Poker?
Much like any other casino card game, there are certain video game strategy tips that can help tip the odds in your favor. Here are a few tips that will help improve your chances of winning:
- Practice before you play. There are many downloadable poker programs that will teach you how to play each hand. Once you become familiar with how to handle each type of hand, your chances of winning will skyrocket.
- If you’re going to play multi hand video poker or triple play video poker, make sure you have a higher bankroll. Playing multiple hands at once can add up fast.
- Don’t make decisions based on guessing. As we mentioned before, the more you know about the game, the better results you will have. The best video poker jacks or better strategy we can offer is to be prepared and knowledgeable before you make any big bets. Understanding the game’s mechanics can turn a small hand into a winning hand
Introducing Jack or Better the Iconic Video Poker Game
The most common gameplay for video poker app and mobile video poker games is jacks or better five-card draw. The concept of jacks or better is easy and effective. In jacks or better video poker, the lowest winning hand is a pair of jacks. That means that any pair lower than a pair of jacks is not considered a winning hand. This also means that having the high card is not a winning hand either. Jacks or better poker allows for hands to be more competitive.
Once you understand the rules for video poker classic and multi video poker, you’ll be all set to show off your poker skills. Have fun and good luck!